[SR-Users] Best practise for limiting concurrent calls across a cluster

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 09:05:52 CEST 2015

On 07/09/15 19:36, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> This is one way to go, ans should work fine (maybe a bit more testing
>> needed) for few nodes, but I am actually not using this one, because it
>> is a matter of what kind of routing architecture you go for. Lately I
>> found that replication can bring lots of headaches when dealing with a
>> lot of traffic and having lots of nodes. You can't replicate everything
>> everywhere (usrloc, dialog, etc...), because then practically you have
>> only HA, no scalability -- each node has the same data, so when one node
>> is full, all are full (expecting to be same hardware capacity more or
>> less with each node).
> If usrloc subscriber table is kept in database (db_only mode), it does
> not become "full" very easily.

True, just that is no longer memory states replication, but more like
the concept I talked about with an external storage system.

However, even in this case, when the subscriber base is really huge,
single mysql system can become slow, so there needs to be some
partitioning of the users, relying on several mysql systems.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Sep 28-30, 2015, in Berlin - http://asipto.com/u/kat