[SR-Users] Best practise for limiting concurrent calls across a cluster

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 02:54:31 CEST 2015

Im currently using cassandra with kamailio I need something thats highly
available and partition tolerant, consistency is a secondary requirement
for most of the data.

Im really not sure that restful web services are the right way here, that
seems like a LOT of overhead at high cps.

Sorry I forgot to add, that this is for a provider network, not a corporate
 / pbx implementation.
I need to be able to handle hundreds / thousands of invites per second,
with minimal latency.

Jay

On 4 September 2015 at 10:43, Brandon Armstead <brandon at cryy.com> wrote:

> I would use some kind of RESTFUL service implementation, various transport
> mediums are avail i.e. RPC etc.  What database are you currently using ?
>
> Sincerely,
> Brandon Armstead
>
> > On Sep 3, 2015, at 5:19 PM, jay binks <jaybinks at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > So I have a cluster of Kamailio servers ( 4 servers currently, soon to
> be 8 ),
> > I'm looking for suggestions about the BEST way to achieve concurrent
> call limiting on a per customer basis, across the whole cluster.
> >
> > Initially I mis-read the dialog module documentation and assumed that
> dialog would provide me this ability, when used with a database.  however
> it seems that the dialog module does not pull data from the DB after the
> initial startup.
> >
> > I know I can use sql ops to increment and decrement using
> event_route[dialog:start] and event_route[dialog:end]. however the database
> I've chosen ( for other valid reasons ) does not have an atomic increment
> and decrement.   I could add yet another DB, but that just adds more
> failure points.
> >
> > so lets forget my setup,  Im wanting suggestions about the BEST setup
> for this sort of thing.   while remaining fault tolerant, and preferably
> without relying on any single point of failure.
> >

> > Sincerely
> >
> > Jay

Sincerely

Jay