[SR-Users] during registration nonce expired, after backwards time shift

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:51:16 CEST 2015

Hello,

good that you revived the thread, it got out of my sight being
distracted by other stuff.

I think that check has to be kept there, because it covers some
situations that can appear after restart, so removing it completely
won't be safe.

It can be a solution to reset up_since in this case, if time(0) is lower
than up_since, like:

    if (unlikely(since < up_since)) {
        /* if valid_since time is time pointing before ser was started
         * then we consider nonce as stalled.
           It may be the nonce generated by previous ser instance having
           different length (for example because of different auth.
           checks)..  Therefore we force credentials to be rebuilt by UAC
           without prompting for password */

        /* if current time is less than start time, reset the start time
            (e.g., after start, the system clock was set in the past) */
        t=time(0);
        if(t<up_since) up_since=t;

        return 4;
    }

Can you test with this change and see if it works as expected for you?

There will be a failed iteration, but then it should recover for that
process. it may actually be even better to test if since >= t and don't
'return 4' in that case.

On 01/09/15 16:49, Vasiliy Ganchev wrote:
> Hi Daniel!
>
> Any comments/idea about my last answer?
>
> cheers

Daniel-Constantin Mierla