[SR-Users] authorize a client in bulk registration

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:03:10 CEST 2015

It is up to you to require authentication for any of SIP requests
processed by Kamailio.

To be able to asist further why a call is not authenticated or how to
add authentication for it, you have to provide the authentication part
of your config (perhaps the route[AUTH]) and a ngrep output for the
INVITE you want to authenticate.

If you based your config on the default one, could be that the call is
using a From domain that doesn't match myself -- this is just a blind guess.

On 31/08/15 22:12, Al S wrote:
> No all clients from PBX are trusted to make call out though.

> From: 568691 at gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 23:04:10 +0300
> To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
> Subject: Re: [SR-Users] authorize a client in bulk registration
>
> If it is OK to trust all clients from PBX - just add a check in
> route[AUTH] if traffic comes from PBX and execute return; if TRUE
> Else, you may create a list of allowed users in db/config and perform
> checks based on $au

> <mailto:alirsm at outlook.com>>:
>
>     My PBX registered in bulk to Kamailio successfully.
>
>     PBX --> Register --> kamailio
>     PBX <-- 401 with nonce value <-- kamailio
>     PBX --> Register with nonce and md5 response values --> kamailio
>     BOX <-- 200ok <-- kamailio
>
>     However, when one of the PBX client sends an invite out, kamailio
>     AUTH module does not authorize this client:
>
>     client (813-111-1111) --> Invite --> kamailio
>
>     What would be the right way to authorize a 10-digit client to send
>     a call out when a bulk registration and not 10-digit registration
>     is performed.
>
>     Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated
>
>     Thanks,
>     Al

> Alexandru Covalschi
> ABRISS-Solutions