[SR-Users] Kamailio start up fails with strange IO Error on RHEL 7.1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:56:32 CEST 2015

Hello,

first -- do not cross-post to many mailing lists, it makes hard to track
and each mailing lists has its own purpose. Crossposting should be done
only for announcements concerning both development as well as usage.
This is about use of a kamailio stable version, so it is for sr-users.

Do you have selinux enabled? Are there any particular limits set on the
system?

Also, you should run with debug=3 in kamailio.cfg and see if you get
more hints from the debug messages printed before the CRITICAL logs. You
can send them here if you want us to take a look.

On 22/10/15 08:21, M S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to setup Kamailio v4.3.3 rev. e275bc on RHEL 7.1
> 64bit.
>
> It has been very difficult to resolve all dependencies initially due
> to RHEL's extremely limited repositories and libraries support, but
> nevertheless I am finally able to successfully compile kamailio with
> all essential modules on it.
>
> However, now kamailio fails to start up and gives this strange error,
>
> --
> 36(3335) CRITICAL: <core> [io_wait.c:526]: init_io_wait(): could not
> alloc epoll array
> 36(3335) CRITICAL: <core> [tcp_main.c:4523]: tcp_main_loop():
> exiting... 0(3250) ALERT: <core> [main.c:725]: handle_sigs(): child
> process 3335 exited normally, status=255
>  0(3250) INFO: <core> [main.c:743]: handle_sigs(): terminating due to
> SIGCHLD
> --
>
> I have never seem this error before nor i can find any info related to
> it anywhere on internet. So, i doubt it is due to any missing dependency.
>
> Any idea what may be the cause of this?
>
> Thank you.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla