[SR-Users] Strange TLS problem

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:40:39 CEST 2015

Hi

I am trying to use the [client] directives in tls.cfg for the first time.
For my configuration I need to connect to 2 servers, both via TLS and both
using different certs.

I have defined an entry in tls.cfg like

[client:1.2.3.4:5061]
[client:5.6.7.8:5071]

and I also have an entry in dispatcher tables for each server using the URI
format

sip:1.2.3.4:5061;transport=tls

With this configuration, I expect dispatcher to send OPTIONS to each
server, and Kamailio to resolve the host in dispatcher to the correct
client section of tls.cfg and negotiate a connection.

However this is not happening. Dispatcher module is trying to send OPTIONS
as expected, and it is using TLS as expected but it is not using the
correct [client] section from tls.cfg. Instead it is always falling back to
[client:default], and if that is not present it then tries to look for some
internal Kamailio defaults.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Debug logs don't yield anything
useful, however my suspicion is that Kamailio may be trying to match
"sip:1.2.3.4:5061;transport=tls" from dispatcher module to "1.2.3.4:5061"
from tls.cfg.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Regards
Pete