[SR-Users] diameter auth with round trip

JB jbf.nospam at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:53:40 CEST 2015

Hello all, we are working on a SIP solution using Kamailio.

We want to secure our base of  user credentials even in case of attack on
the SIP server, and for that reason we plan to use diameter authentication
as described in RFC http://www.rfc-base.org/txt/rfc-4740.txt

Paragraph 6.2 describes a mode where the HSS answer with code

DIAMETER_MULTI_ROUND_AUTH ,and then validate user credential after a
second round trip.

This does NOT corresponds to what is done on Kamailio module ims_auth,
where credentials (actually a hash of the credentials, but its enough
to authenticate )

) are pushed to kamailio, which does the computation of the expected
answer (which corresponds to par 6.3 of the RFC 4740)

Is there any kamailio module that would allow to use the method with
DIAMETER_MULTI_ROUND_AUTH ?

Thank you

JB