[SR-Users] SIP and conntrackd experience?

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Oct 1 10:09:56 CEST 2015

On Thursday 01 October 2015 07:35:06 Grant Bagdasarian wrote:
> How do big carriers handle these kinds of scenarios where a sudden outage in
> a key component would cause calls to be dropped? Is this the achilles heel
> of voice? Is there special kind of software or hardware (or both) for
> handling these kinds of scenarios?

See
http://www.ng-voice.com/redundancy-maxx/
for example.

Your specific concern:
"Both our deployed SEMS (thanks to the Frafos Team) and our deployed RTPEngine
(thanks to Carlos) use a Redis-Database for storing information on the current
calls, however in both cases through a proprietary extension. The Redis-
database is distributed among the two servers, so if we start the services on
the passive node, all sessions can continue without service interuption."