[SR-Users] Grab users password from WWW-Auth header

Alexandru Covalschi 568691 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:32:49 CET 2015

Well, reopening that thread seaking for some help again :(
The solution is working pretty nice, and my config looks like that
                # authenticate requests
                if has_credentials("****"){
                        $var(y) = @msg.header.Authorization;
                        xlog("$var(y)");
                        exec_avp("/etc/kamailio/login.py '$var(y)' '$rm'",
"$avp(s:test)");
                        xlog("$avp(s:test)");
                }

                if ($avp(s:test) != "1") {
                        www_challenge(****", "1");
                        exit;
                }

login.py returns 1 if creds are OK and 0 if no.
Now I'm seeking help with such question - as I understand, currently anyone
can register or auth his requests by using same Authorization header for
all purposes. So, I mean, someone can grab Auth header from the user's
packet and just use it to dig in the server.
How to avoid that? As I understood it's implemented in Kamailio. Can you
please tell me? Or give a link to RFC/doc where this is described? As I
understood, I'll need to implement that in my script, or maybe I can use
some built-it functions?