[SR-Users] Kamailio IMS: Contact validation during INVITE

Jason Penton jason.penton at smilecoms.com
Tue Nov 24 13:11:23 CET 2015

Hi Prashant,

Often the P-CSCF has to know about the contact (for example for Rx QoS,
security (asserting identity, etc). It is also possible that a contact
header is not provided by the UE so you have no alternative but to search
src info, via info, etc. So that is the main  reason.

So let me understand your problem a little more. You are saying the contact
with the wrong state is being 'found'? If this is the case, there is a
reslution we have in our code base that will get into master later this
week? If not, please can you explain the problem you are having in more
detail.

Cheers
Jason

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> updated the subject of the email to reflect it refers to IMS extensions,
> which are different than the standard IETF registrars.
>
> That makes it easier to be spotted by the people using IMS and the dev
> guys can shed some light on why the implemented that way.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 24/11/15 11:59, Prashant Desai wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

>   We observe that the following kamailio API is trying to find out user
> registration by comparing source IP and port with stored contact, if it
> fails, then it compares based on incoming SIP msg contact uri.
>

> is_registered(struct sip_msg* _m, udomain_t* _d){
>
>                getContactP(_m,_d);
>
> }
>

> pcontact_t * getContactP(struct sip_msg* _m, udomain_t* _d) {);
>
>                                              //Getting pcontact from
> source IP and port
>
>                                              if
> (ul.get_pcontact_by_src(_d, &received_host, _m->rcv.src_port,
> _m->rcv.proto, &c) == 1) {
>
>                                                             LM_DBG("No
> entry in usrloc for %.*s:%i (Proto %i) found!\n", received_host.len,
> received_host.s, _m->rcv.src_port, _m->rcv.proto);
>
>                                              }
>
>                               if (c == NULL) {
>
>                                              //Getting pcontact from
> contact uri.
>
> if (ul.get_pcontact(_d, &ct->uri, &c) == 0) {
>

>                                              }
>
>                               }
>
> We have use case where INVITE message is from same source IP and port but
> having unregistered contact.With this scenario,is_registered() will return
> success.
>
> We would like to know reason behind comparing the source IP and port to
> fetch the pcontact?
>

> Regards,
>
> Prashant

> Daniel-Constantin Mierlahttp://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
> Book: SIP Routing With Kamailio - http://www.asipto.com
> Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 30-Dec 2, Berlin - http://asipto.com/kat

*Jason Penton**Senior Manager: Applications and Services**Smile
Communications Pty (Ltd)**Mobile:*+27 (0) 83 283 7000*Skype:*
jason.barry.pentonjason.penton at smilecoms.com <name.surname at smilecoms.com>
www.smilecoms.com

--

This email is subject to the disclaimer of Smile Communications at http://www.smilecoms.com/home/email-disclaimer/ <http://www.smilecoms.com/disclaimer>