[SR-Users] kamailio very slow or stuck during period from time to time

Camille Oudot camille.oudot at orange.com
Fri Nov 20 17:01:37 CET 2015

Le Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:02:26 +0100,
Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> a écrit :

> > Finally I have removed this line:
> > modparam("usrloc", "close_expired_tcp", 1)
> >
> > It seems it was causing the memory leak.
>
> Thanks for troubleshooting and pointing to this, I will investigate
> that part of the code and see if I catch any reason for a leak there.

Hi,

this close_expired_tcp option did not seem to cause any obvious trouble
so far, but I wonder if the code I wrote to force-close the connection
(the worker sends a message via the internal control socket to the main
TCP process) can be replaced with what has been done in the websocket
module's ws_conn.c wsconn_close_now() function, that looks to use only
safe operations.
The side effect if I understand correctly would be to raise a little bit
the TCP socket close delay (max 5 seconds?), but it's definitely worth
it if this method is safer.

--
Camille