[SR-Users] Grab users password from WWW-Auth header

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Fri Nov 13 18:13:31 CET 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Alexandru Covalschi <568691 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What if I don't need a plaintext password on Kamailio? I mean, I don't
> want to user pv_www_authenticate or other auth functions again - I need to
> fully control AUTH on API. Is it ok to just send 200 OK to client if API
> tells me that password is ok?

You don't need to use pv_*_authenticate. This is just an internal function
which tells you, whether your user supplied correct credentials or not. You
can replace it by checking the return code or output of the script and then
continue in your dialplan. You could then call save() from the registrar
module, which automatically sends a 200 OK to your user (unless you
explicitly prevent it from doing so).

Sebastian