[SR-Users] Examples

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 23:51:18 CET 2015

Hi Ryan,
Where are your trunks !?

if your provider can just send calls to your IP address then just do IP
based authentication in Kamailio and once provider is authenticated relay
the call to the Internal PBX.
so with reference to the code here:
http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb
I will try to guide you.

1 - allow IP AUTHENTICATION by adding line
#define WITH_IPAUTH
after the line saying "#define WITH_AUTH"

2 - Put the IP address plus port of the provider in "permission" database
table and restart Kamailio (for first time only) for next time you make
changes in that table execute this command
Linux:~#kamctl address reload

3 - Now everytime your provider sends a call it will be accepted BUT the
call still needs to be routed to the internal PBX.

4 - since WITH_ASTERISK is defined on top as well so Kamailio will check
the IP address of your internal PBX from this:

asterisk.bindip = "192.168.178.25" desc "Asterisk IP Address"
asterisk.bindport = "5080" desc "Asterisk Port"

If you want to have a different criteria to route call to internal PBX like
Load-Balancing or decide based on DID the calls goes to  a specific server,
or based on accound it routes to a specific PBX then thats your logic and
should be handled inside the route[TOASTERISK] - similarly
route[FROMASTERISK] needs changes to allow calls coming back from Internal
PBXs.

I hope it just gives you some idea of what to do next.

Regards,
Sammy