[SR-Users] Serial Forking and Lookup Function

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:22:50 CET 2015

Hello,

On 03/11/15 05:31, Daniel W. Graham wrote:

> Looking for some clarification / direction on setting up forking.
>

> I have configured clients to use q-value and is stored in location
> table. I see several examples as described in TM module documentation
> but does not mention use of lookup() function.
>

> Per registrar documentation-
>

> lookup()
>
> The functions extracts username from Request-URI and tries to find all
> contacts for the username in usrloc. If there are no such contacts, -1
> will be returned. If there are such contacts, Request-URI will be
> overwritten with the contact that has the highest q value and
> optionally the rest will be appended to the message (depending on
> append_branches parameter value).
>

> Append_branch parameter
>
> The parameter controls how lookup function processes multiple
> contacts. If there are multiple contacts for the given username in
> usrloc and this parameter is set to 1, Request-URI will be overwritten
> with the highest-q rated contact and the rest will be appended to
> sip_msg structure and can be later used by tm for forking.
>

> Does lookup() build the destination set and then I can proceed by
> doing  t_load_contacts(),  t_next_contacts() and setup failure route?
> Any direction is appreciated!

Yes, lookup location builds the destination set with all available
contacts in location table. A t_relay() at that moment will do parallel
forking, ingnoring the q values. To do serial forking, use
t_load_contacts(),  t_next_contacts() and failure_route.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 30-Dec 2, Berlin - http://asipto.com/kat