[SR-Users] host for pstn.gw

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:13:37 CET 2015

Hey Max,

You should know that pstn.gw_ip is not a keyword in Kamailio and it
could've been pstn.lol_gw or anything. What really matters is that you know
where this gw_ip is being used in configuration.
Somewhere in the kamailio.cfg you'll see a PSTN route which will be doing
some RURI checks and then checking is pstn.gw_ip is not empty, and after
that it just modifies the RURI to contain this variable "pstn.gw_ip" value
in the Request Domain part so when t_relay() is called the call exits out
to that IP or Host.

You should search up on kamailio about DNS hostname auto-resolution and if
your provider has DNS SRV working how Kamailio will work with it.

Regards,
Sammy