[SR-Users] Increase Simultaneous Registration

Austin Einter austin.einter at gmail.com
Sat May 23 12:23:43 CEST 2015

Hi All
I am using Kamailio 4.0.4 (x86_64/linux).
I wanted to do simultaneous registrations of large number of endpoints.

Many times I see only 2048 endpoints registered and for other endpoints
Kamailio did not respond for REGISTER message.

I am tcp as transport.

Now my questions are
1. What are the different configurations available to increase Kamailio
performance
2. If I put Kamailio in a Linux 64 Bit, 2GHz, 8GB RAM machine, how much
simultaneous and total registrations can be achieved.

I have tuned system file FDs, tcp related configurations like ephemeral
port range, and other required configurations.

I hope there should be some configurations in Kamailio to achieve higher
throughput , can somebody help me out.

Thanks
Austin