[SR-Users] Find if client is connected.

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri May 22 14:53:57 CEST 2015

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> > Just to make sure, does handle_lost_tcp now work also in DB-Only mode?
> >
> IIRC, the intitial implementation  was based on iterating through the
> records in memory and checking if the associated connection still
> exists. It is in the same iteration to detect expired records. So I
> don't think it was extended for db only as I have not noticed any update
> on it. With current approach will required loading all records in memory
> to check. A different approach to act when connection has been closed
> and the query the database for its id might be better.
>
> A recent addition was to close the tcp connection if the associated
> usrloc record has expired.

current readme text lets the reader to understand that handle_lost_tcp
applies to all modes:

  If set to 1, Kamailio will remove location records made via
  TCP/TLS/WS/WSS transports when it looses corresponding tcp
  connections.

in order to avoid confusion, perhaps it should list in which modes the
variable has effect.

-- juha