[SR-Users] Debian package kamailio-tls-modules potential bug ?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:23:14 CEST 2015

Hello,

you have to use latest version in branch 4.2 (e.g., 4.2.5 was released
yesterday). The supported methods for TLS got a security patch update,
as it was too restrictive at 4.2.0. Any config that its working with
4.2.0 is working the same for any newer 4.2.x.

On 20/05/15 04:07, jay binks wrote:
> I just found something odd in the Debian package
> for kamailio-als-modules and I'm looking for someone to verify it for me.
>
> I verified that I'm using Kamailio 4.2
>
> # Kamailio -v
> version: kamailio 4.2.0 (x86_64/linux) 36e695
>
> the docs
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/tls.html#tls.p.tls_method
> show that I should be able to use "/TLSv1+" however Kamailio crashes
> on startup with /
>
> [tls_mod.c:287]: mod_init(): Invalid tls_method parameter value
>
> I have verified that TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 both work, but I can not use
> TLSv1.1+ or TLSv1+
> I also tried TLSv1.0+ ( I found it somewhere on the web ) but this
> doesn't work either.
>
> I used strings against tls.so to see what was available, and this is
> what I found.
>
> strings ~/tls.so  | grep TLSv1
> TLSv1_client_method
> TLSv1_server_method
> TLSv1_method
> TLSv1_1_client_method
> TLSv1_1_server_method
> TLSv1_1_method
> TLSv1_2_client_method
> TLSv1_2_server_method
> TLSv1_2_method
> TLSv1
> TLS method used (TLSv1, SSLv3, SSLv2, SSLv23)
> TLSv1.1
> TLSv1.2
>
> Any idea why this is differs from the docs, or what I'm doing wrong ?
>

> --
> Sincerely
>
> Jay

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015