[SR-Users] SIP Packet identifier

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Tue May 19 06:46:34 CEST 2015

So im logging lots of information to Syslog to assist our helpdesk in
diagnosing customer issues.

Im seeing LOTS of user agents that re-use the sip Call-ID ( especially in
registers ).
What im wanting to be able to do is link a log message ( that I log at some
point in my dialplan ) to a specific SIP packet ( viewed from voipmonitor,
HOMER, wireshark ).

I cant REALLY see anything in the SIP to uniquely identify a packet,
however if kamailio provided the UDP packet checksum in a pseudo variable
then we could combine that with the sip call-id to hopefully do what im
after.

does anyone else have any ideas about how do what im after ?

--
Sincerely

Jay