[SR-Users] RADIUS Digest Problem

Sanaii, Maziar Sanaii at Asiatech.ir
Sun May 17 13:45:32 CEST 2015

Hello there,

I'm trying to configure Kamailio 4.2.4 to authenticate client REGISTERs against a test FreeRADIUS on the localhost, however I have yet to succeed.

My installation includes Kamailio 4.2.4, radiusclient 1.1.6, FreeRADIUS 2.2.5 and all of them on a Debian 8.0 machine.

I believe I have got all the configurations correct in kamailio.cfg, radiusclient.conf, radius servers file, and freeradius server since the communication between the components are ok.

My problem is that when I use a SIP Client such as 3CX SoftPhone, FreeRADIUS gives me an answer included in SIPClient-LOCAL-RADIUS-NOK.txt. I have isolated the problem being in the Digest-Response part since I have ran some other tests that I have included in the zip file attached, but can't figure out why this shouldn't work. From what I have figured out, my SIP Client does not calculate the correct Digest-Response and I have seen this in all the clients I have tested so far.

For example, my client sends "5f8dfe8aa4e13994b4ceade49ee0d3d4" although it's supposed to send "528f22527e9cf003df29ede9c243e615".

I would really appreciate if you would point out what I did wrong in setting things up. I have done so much googling but have not found anything useful.

Regards,
Maziar Sanaii Ashtiani