[SR-Users] Kamailio Load balancing multiple asterisk boxes

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri May 15 23:57:12 CEST 2015

Hello Eric,

You need to multihome Kamailio so that it is simultaneously present on
the external and internal interfaces:

    listen=udp:external.ip:5060
    listen=udp:internal.ip:5060

Then, you need to force requests forwarded to the Asterisk boxes to go
out the internal interface explicitly. Prior to t_relay(), set:

    $fs = "udp:internal.ip:5060";

If you want Kamailio to stay in the call path for the entire duration of
the dialog, you'll also want to ensure Kamailio puts dual Record-Route
headers in place for the ingress and egress interface. The
'enable_double_rr' modparam to the 'rr' module will ensure this.

-- Alex