[SR-Users] TCP connection reset by peer

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:17:30 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 07/05/15 09:02, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I sometimes see the following in the logs:
>

> kamailio[14433]: ERROR: <core> [tcp_read.c:271]: tcp_read_data():
> error reading: Connection reset by peer (104)
>
> kamailio[14433]: ERROR: <core> [tcp_read.c:1296]: tcp_read_req():
> ERROR: tcp_read_req: error reading
>

> It looks like Kamailio tries to read a request from a TCP socket but
> the connection has been reset (not properly ended) by the remote peer.
>

> Is it an error? Does it prevent Kamailio from working properly? If
> yes, what is the solution?

this is normal situation that can happen out there (e.g., connections
can be cut by home routers or user on mobile device loses the signal) --
those logs messages should be made NOTICE or INFO. Or set to corelog
level so they can be disabled if wanted.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015