[SR-Users] Keep-Alive in dialog "freeing a free fragment"

Dirk Teurlings - SIGNET B.V. dteurlings at signet.nl
Thu May 7 08:46:59 CEST 2015

Hi,

(Kamailio 4.2.3)

Working to get dialogs closed and cleaned up nicely I'm looking into the
ka_interval and ka_timer parameter of the dialog module. The following
is now happening.

Scenario:
1. Call gets setup
2. Callee's internet connection drops
3. Call gets terminated (nicely) due to ka_timer/ka_interval
4. Log fills with "freeing a free fragment" after about 10 seconds

Digging into this I saw that the dialog is being closed and cleaned
properly in step 3. But it fails to remove/clean the timers used for the
keep-alive. That's what triggers step 4, which in turn tries to clean
the (or some of the) dialog space again. Is this expected behaviour when
using the keep-alive options, or am I running into somekind of (known) bug?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dirk Teurlings