[SR-Users] Double record routes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 6 09:36:58 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 05/05/15 21:32, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>

> After making some tests, I found that if I configure the VIP interface
> before the non-VIP one, all works fine.
>

> listen=tcp:VIP:5060
>
> listen=tcp:nonVIP:5060
>

> Double RR is still enabled but only one RR header is added (with the
> VIP interface). Also, only one Via header is added (with the VIP
> interface). The incoming INVITE is forwarded using a random source
> port, not 5060. I assume it is the source port used to establish the
> TCP connection with the proxy (next hop from the load balancer).
> However, this port doesn't appear in the inserted RR and Via headers –
> don't know why.

the source port you see in the network traffic is randomly allocated by
OS/kernel. The addresses in the headers should be those where kamailio
can receive traffic. If the port is 5060, it can be omitted, being the
default value for sip.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015