[SR-Users] Recommended configuration for TCP support

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 4 22:07:00 CEST 2015

Hello,

where are typically those issues with truncated SDP? On the phones?

If you use tcp and have phones behind the nat, it is recommended to not
connect if there is no active connection after location lookup -- see
core functions for tcp.

On 04/05/15 13:54, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We sometimes get issues caused by truncated SDP bodies. Therefore, we
> are looking at using TCP instead of UDP.
>

> What is the recommended configuration when TCP is used?
>

> Currently, I only have the following:
>

> children=16
>
> listen=udp:<ip>:5060
>
> listen=tcp:<ip>:5060
>
> disable_tcp=no
>
> tcp_connection_lifetime=605 (registration expiry is 600)
>

> Also, is there a difference with UDP regarding NAT handling?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mickael

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015