[SR-Users] Kamailio proxy for far-end nat traversal

rahul.ultimate rahul.ultimate at gmail.com
Fri May 1 13:15:33 CEST 2015

Hello

I need a small guidance on creating a light weight proxy which only forwards the msgs to my sip server and also does supports symmetrical nated clients.

The way I have created the configuration is a slight modification of :
https://github.com/xlab1/sipfe_kamailio/blob/master/kamailio.cfg

Problem is unless the sip clients use STUN media packets are not routed. And sometimes even the signalling does not pass through.

Should i not use fix_nated_register and switch to fix _ nated_contact always ?

Because in all those cases where signalling does not pass through, I see RTO. My best guess is kamailio trying to communicate with private ip.

Anything which I can try that you could suggest from the top of yourmind woyld be muc appreciated.

Thanks
Rahul

Sent from Samsung Mobile