[SR-Users] Kamailio BLF Issue TCP vs UDP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:45:24 CET 2015

On 27/03/15 11:41, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> On 03/27/2015 06:38 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> Are you doing record_route() for all SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY requests?
>
> My understanding was that SUBSCRIBE is a dialog-forming request and
> NOTIFYs are sequential requests. If so, why would one insert
> record_route() in the course of NOTIFY processing?
I haven't really read the specs, but IETF overturned the old rules in
RFC 6665, so now NOTIFY must be record-routed all the time. IIRC, it was
signaled to us by Inaki few years ago when it was added to default
kamailio.cfg (perhaps can be easily discovered when via 'git log
etc/kamailio.cfg').

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015