[SR-Users] Siremis error Call to a member function getQuoted()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:22:56 CET 2015

Hello,

On 25/03/15 11:37, Janoz wrote:
> Thank you Daniel.
>
> As correctly stated by canuck15, this problem arises by using the reserved
> (in MySql) word "group" as a name of a table. You can circumvent this by
> adding back ticks around this reserved word, but I'd rather change this
> reserved word in a future release.

that part is in the cubi/phpopenbiz, which is a rather older version by
now, so it might not make sense to update it anyhow, given it has the
features we wanted. New versions of that framework may have new features
that we don't need and upgrading to them will require additional effort
on 'siremis' specific extensions.

In conclusion, fixing for the moment in the siremis-distribution of
phpopenbiz should keep you safe, as we incorporate it anyhow (i.e., you
don't have to download it).

Actually, there is function getQuoted() that was introduced by a patch
submitted to siremis to make it work with other databases than mysql
(e.g., postgres -- this one doesn't like back ticks).

The initial error reported here was that the function getQuoted() was
not properly executed, not being a member of the association object. So
I propose to remove it and replace it with back ticks around the table
name as a quick fix, because I was not having time to investigate more
and make getQuoted() available in that part of the code.

But the right fix is to use getQuoted() for each table name, so I will
look at it and fix it with the first chance (some time this week).

Renaming the table is a solution, but in the future other existing table
name can be made reserved words by some sql servers. So might just work
for a while, that's why I prefer to have the solution with backticks or
what so ever enclosing is supported by the sql server to specify table
names.

Thanks for troubleshooting and providing further pointers with that
reserved table name.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015