[SR-Users] Inter Kamailio communication: UDP vs TCP vs SCTP

Mickael Marrache mickaelmarrache at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:21:58 CET 2015

Hi,

We are deploying a VoIP system based on Kamailio. The system is composed of
load balancers, proxies, registrars, etc

What is the recommended transport protocol to use for internal communication
(i.e. load balancer <-> proxy/registrar)? We started with UDP but we also
see that Kamailio supports TCP and SCTP.

For information, at first stage, the UAs will communicate using UDP but we
may need to use TCP in case messages are too large (we had such issues when
using ICE).

Thanks,

Mickael