[SR-Users] tsilo module

Federico Cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 07:48:04 CET 2015

Hi Alex,
the use case for which I wrote the module is the following. Suppose that
your service is mobile oriented and thus you are using "push" (APN, GCM or
custom one) mechanism to reach your customers' devices. The devices are not
registered most of the time, they do after receiving a push triggered by an
incoming INVITE.
In a real scenario a user could have some "traditional" SIP devices always
registered, some Android devices and some iOS devices. You don't know how
many devices the customer has, you don't know how many devices are
reachable by push at the moment you send it, you don't know how much time
it will take for each device to register and maybe some will never receive
the push. So, in the traditional way the lookup is done, you have to wait
for all the devices to register or take some arbitrary decision on when
stop waiting and sending out the INVITE.
This is the use case I wrote the module for: as soon as the first device
registers you send out the INVITE and when other devices for the same AOR
register you keep adding branches to the transaction previously stored with
ts_store().
It seemed to me that this was the simplest and more effective way to manage
this scenario. At the beginning I though that it would be enough to write a
function for the tmx module but then things got too complicated with the
dependencies from the TM and the REGISTRAR module, so it was decided to
have a dedicated module. Maybe some other use cases can be addressed by it.
Hope I have been clear enough, maybe I should write a tutorial to better
explain this.

Regards,

Federico