[SR-Users] Sending PUSH notification asynchronously

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:03:59 CET 2015

Hello,

don't do explicit t_suspend() if you are calling the async_task_route()
because it is done internally.

I presented a way for async push notifications during the Kamailio World
Conference 2014, see:

  -
http://www.kamailio.org/events/2014-KamailioWorld/day2/26-Daniel-Constantin.Mierla-Kamailio.cfg-Async.pdf

A video should be also on youtube.

On 19/03/15 08:49, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to add PUSH support to my system using Kamailio.
>

> When a call is received and the callee has no active registration, a
> PUSH is sent to the callee endpoint. In order to send this PUSH, my
> proxy sends an HTTP requests to another server that will send the PUSH.
>

> So, my route block is as follows:
>

> route[PUSH] {
>
>         #Send PUSH notification using a custom module I wrote
>

>         #Suspend transaction execution.
>
>         t_on_failure("MANAGE_FAILURE");
>
>         if(!t_suspend()) {
>
>                 send_reply("503", "Service Unavailable");
>
>                 exit;
>
>         }
>

>         $sht(push=>join::$rU) = "" + $T(id_index) + ":" + $T(id_label);
>
>         exit;
>
> }
>

> I would like to execute this route block asynchronously (i.e. in a
> separate process).
>

> I tried using the async_task_route command, and I can see the route
> block is execute in a separate process, however some stuffs are broken
> (e.g. transaction timeout, failure route). So, I thought it may be
> related to the fact asynchronous execution is implemented using
> t_suspend/t_continue and in this case, t_suspend/t_continue would be
> called twice.
>

> The important point is to make the interaction with the PUSH server
> asynchronous.
>

> Any idea?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mickael

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015