[SR-Users] What does it mean when auth_check and auth_challenge flags are "0"?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:57:25 CET 2015

Hello,

On 14/03/15 18:00, canuck15 wrote:
> I am trying to decipher a kamailio.cfg file for a particular open
> source project.
>
> There are problems with authentication and I am trying to understand why.
>
> They use the following lines for authentication check
>
> if (!auth_check("$fd", "subscriber", "0")) {
>             auth_challenge("$fd", "0");
>             exit;
>
> The documentation only talks about using "1" and not "0".  So I am
> trying to understand what the above statement with "0" is actually
> doing.  Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
the flags for auth_check() are presented in the readme:

-
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/auth_db.html#auth_db.f.auth_check

For the challenge functions, the flags are detailed at:

-
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.2.x/modules/auth.html#auth.f.www_challenge

If there is anything else to clarify, then ask more specific what part
is unclear, based on the docs listed above.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015