[SR-Users] Redirect server for load balancing and HA

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Fri Mar 13 16:39:46 CET 2015

Hi Daniel,

Am 13.03.2015 um 09:47 schrieb Daniel-Constantin Mierla:
> Can asterisk make some decision on headers? IIRC, someone was mentioning
> at some point to use Remote-Party-ID (could be now P-Asserted-Identity)
> header to match on a specific profile.

I don't know. I'll ask in the Asterisk list. But based on your answer it
really seems this is a scenario that not many people need or ask for.

I'd love to find out why this is the case. I would have estimated 9 out
of 10 people need to fine-tune DTMF + codec settings in Asterisk.

> I think this is something specific for your environment. Kamailio
> doesn't have any issues sending redirect replies. A proxy might be
> required in case of natted endpoints when they cannot communicate each
> other. But otherwise, if you don't want the new INVITE to pass again via
> LB, then you can send 3xx.

Other than communication between natted endpoints you don't see any
disadvantage of using Kamailio for LB+HA as Redirect server instead as
proxy server?

Thanks!
Markus