[SR-Users] Calling ims charging function in route_failure

Shane Harrison Shane.Harrison at imgtec.com
Wed Mar 11 04:06:06 CET 2015

Hi all,

What I want to do
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If a call to a SIP AoR fails then try the PSTN number associated with the AoR by routing the request to a PSTN gateway.  Calls to a PSTN gateway need to be charged so need to call the Ro_CCR function in ims_charging module.

How I tried to do it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the failure_route[MANAGE_FAILURE] block I call the Ro_CCR()

Result was
~~~~~~~~
Kamailio fails to parse config file.
yyparse(): misused command Ro_CCR
 yyerror_at(): parse error in config file //etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg, line 1162, column 91: Command cannot be used in the block

So two questions:
1) What constraints are there for calling functions in the failure_route blocks i.e. how does parser decide what can be called and what can't
2) Any thoughts of how I can do effectively a late charging decision

Cheers and thanks in advance
Shane

Shane Harrison
Senior Software Engineer