[SR-Users] WARNING when querying data using db_mongodb

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:31:21 CET 2015

Hello,

On 10/03/15 10:05, Mickael Marrache wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm continuously seeing the following WARNING in my logs:
>
> WARNING: db_mongodb [mongodb_dbase.c:454]: db_mongodb_get_columns():
> unhandled data type column (instance) type id (10), use DB1_STRING as
> default
>
> It looks like the WARNING appears when data is fetched from the
> location collection. The instance field is always null in my case.

if the field in the mongodb document is null, then its effective data
type cannot be found via json data type. The the mongodb is mapping that
to kamailio's internal data type string -- the value is null.

Perhaps this warning must be done an INFO.

A solution would be to specify the document structure via some schema
definition (e.g., a json with same fields, but instead of value to have
the data type), which to be used by db_mongodb when converting from json
data value to internal data representation for db drivers.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015