[SR-Users] Group call advice: remove calling branch after alias_db_lookup/lookup_branches

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Mar 7 15:20:40 CET 2015

On Saturday, March 07, 2015 10:22:32 AM Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> On 07 Mar 2015, at 01:32, Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com> wrote:
> > In terms of implementing "group" calling via the append_branch feature of
> > both alias_db_lookup followed by lookup_branches, I'm looking for a
> > reliable way to ensure that if the caller happens to be a member of the
> > group (list of branches), the branch that's created to the original
> > caller is dropped.
> >
> > Originally, I was thinking of comparing $rU and $fU in branch_route, but
> > this would limit the ability for one contact of an AOR to call another
> > contact of the same AOR.
> >
> > Can anyone offer an example of an efficient method to accomplish this?
>
> From reading your e-mail it seems that you propose a possible idea
> - why not compare contact URI's?

So far, I've been trying out the following which seems to work OK for online
subscribers, but not as well when a "group" call member is a DAHDI phone
routed from/to Asterisk.  Just didn't know if someone had better/different
ideas.

> If they have +sip.instance, just compare that. If they have not,
> try to compare the full SIP URI's in the contacts.

That's a good idea for me since the majority of subscribers are using TLS with
CSipSimple which is supposed to have support for +sip.instance.

branch_route[MANAGE_BRANCH] {
  if(@contact.uri.user==@ruri.user &&
   @contact.uri.hostport==@ruri.hostport) {
     drop();
  }
}

> Just brainstorming.
> /O

Me too ;) Thanks Olle.  I'll keep playing with it.  -A

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E