[SR-Users] lua_run seems to be working in asynchronous way

José Seabra joseseabra4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:47:33 CET 2015

Hi Javi
Thank you for your reply,
Yes i don't have avp ready after lua_run, i use avp_print(); after lua_run,
but it prints the avp's only when the kamailio sent invite, this is weird,
and what is more weird is that i have another kamailio instance connected
to same redis and with same setup, and i do see this behavior there.

Thank you
Best regards

>  Hello
>
> do you mean that the avp you assign inside the lua scripts are not yet
> ready after "lua_run"? What do you obtain if you print their values?
>
> Regards
>
> On 06/03/15 00:20, José Seabra wrote:
>
>  Hi there,
> I'm using kamailio version 4.2.2 to a short time, and I'm using lua
> scripts to build some avps with information needed to make calls(lua
> functions uses redis as source data to build avp data.), what i have
> noticed today making some tests is that when i make a call my lua function:
> if(!lua_run("get_prefs","$fU","$fd"))
> {
>  xdbg("SCRIPT: failed to execute lua function!\n");
> }
>
>  kamailio gets the avp's after send the invite to the destine,(the invite
> will fail because kamailio needs avp information).
> it seems that kamailio calls the lua_run in asynchronous way, i never
> noticed that before in old version. is that a normal behavior or it is an
> issue in this version?
>
>  Best Regards
> --
> Cumprimentos