[SR-Users] Enable SNMP causes issue when forking exec_avp request

Daniel Goepp dan at goepp.com
Thu Mar 5 23:08:38 CET 2015

I have an issue that from what I can tell is related to forking.  My
configuration works just fine, and makes a request out to execute curl to
hit an external API:

$var(my_query) = "curl -m 2 -s http://x.x.x.x/service/method?fromAddr=" +
$var(fu) + "\&toAddr=" + $var(tu);

Normally this gives us back a nice JSON response, no problems.  All I do is
enable snmpstats module, and it fails.

Mar  5 16:51:30 server-name /usr/sbin/kamailio[1051]: ERROR: exec
[exec.c:291]: exec_avp(): cmd curl -m 2 -s
http://x.x.x.x/service/method?fromAddr=me@mydomain.com\&toAddr=someone@mydomain.com
failed. exit_status=-1, errno=10: No child processes

I have edited this for security reasons of course.  If I disable SNMP, the
problem goes away.

Thoughts?