[SR-Users] Kamailio as a SIP softphone to WebRTC/SIP-over-websockets proxy?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:51:56 CET 2015

Hello,

Kamailio can be used to gateway signaling from webrtc/websocket to other
transports like UDP/TCP/TLS. See websocket module for an example to
start with and search of github for more advanced example by Carlos Ruiz
Diaz. Some talks were given at Kamailio World Conference in the past
that shows further examples.

If you need to do gatewaying of the SRTP to RTP, then you have to add
RTPEngine as well.

On 28/02/15 22:13, Rion Carter wrote:
> I'm pretty new to SIP, RTP/SRTP, WebRTC and Websockets, so I hope this
> question is coherent. I have a group of SIP Softphones that need to
> connect to a WebRTC/SIP-over-Websockets server. Can Kamailio be
> configured to let me do this?
>
> Any examples, tutorials or documentation would be appreciated. I'm
> trying to determine how feasible this task is. :)
>
> Thanks!

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015