[SR-Users] BYE from CANCLEd path gets forwarded to caller

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Jun 30 10:35:12 CEST 2015

On Monday 29 June 2015 17:29:17 Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> the BYE must have a different To-tag than the other answered branch and
> the caller device should not close the connected call/branch.
>
> Look at the To-tags in the two branches and see if they are different.

Thanks for the pointer.

Yes the BYE has indeed a different to tag than the answered leg. The caller is
an Asterisk 1.4. With a near default sip configuration as fas as I can see so
effectively pedantic=no, this this explains the behavior:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2009-April/037810.html

"For instance, RFC 3261 plainly spells out that the way to identify whether an
incoming message belongs to a specific dialog is to check the call-id, to tag,
and from tag. With pedantic mode disabled, all we look at is the call-id
because
in the majority of situations, the call-id is suitable for identifying which
dialog the request belongs to. However, if you know that tag checking is
important, then it will be enabled by turning on pedantic mode."

This is a custom machine, I'm a bit hesitant to flip the pedantic switch. I'll
report a bug to the maintainer of that setup :)