[SR-Users] Kamailio + RTPEngine + Asterisk

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Wed Jun 24 17:35:52 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 24 June 2015 17:14:03 Javier Aristizábal wrote:
> I think I understand now.. thanks a lot for your help and input :-)

I'm really wondering what tutorial you followed?

http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-3.1.x-asterisk-1.6.2-astdb
has the same route[REGFWD]. But also mentions:
>sipusers is the standard table required by Asterisk to store SIP user
>profile, with one extra column sippasswd where will be stored the password
>for SIP authentication. By default, Asterisk uses the column secret for SIP
>user password, but if that is filled in, Asterisk will ask for authentication
>again, resulting in double-authentication which we want to avoid.

and

>Be sure you configure Asterisk to not authenticate SIP requests coming from
>Kamailio.

But if you are worried about exposing asterisk to the world, if you make it
communicate through kamailio you could bind it to localhost only.