[SR-Users] Kamailio transformation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:40:34 CEST 2015

On 22/06/15 16:16, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Monday 22 June 2015 13:58:28 Ali Taher wrote:
>> I tried $var(pref)= $(var(a){s.select,0,#}); but I'm getting the whole
>> string if # doesn't exists.
>>
>> There is a way to check if # exists by subtracting  the  length of the
>> string  before and after removing # character and check if length changes ,
>> but I want a cost-less method.
> So just check for:
> $var(pref)= $(var(a){s.select,0,#});
> if($var(pref)==$var(a))
> {
>  var(pref)="";
> }
>
> This would cost near to nothing.

In general the operations in memory are very fast, so even on high load
you will barely notice any impact no mater the variant you try to use.

For sake of completion and showing alternatives, you can use regexp to
see if # is in the value or not:

if($var(a) =~ "#") {
  # - the char # is inside $var(a)
} else {