[SR-Users] New SIP INVITE from UAS (new dialogue)

Joao Alves Jalves at amdocs.com
Fri Jun 19 22:30:51 CEST 2015

Hi Alex,

I do realize Kamailio to be a SIP proxy and, as you said, Kamailio may not be the best place to do a HTTP <> SIP gateway. I start to realize as time goes by...:)
However, at least managing incoming SIP sessions and converting those to HTTP using http_query() although didn't go very smooth, but at the end, results are quite positive.

Now was starting doing the other direction HTTP=> SIP and using xhttp_reply() noticed was not so much available to start a dialogue and hence this email - as new starter in kamailio there are many modules and functions that not aware of and this asking to the expert's community.

Tell me one thing. If was not a SIP INVITE but just a SIP INFO or SIP MESSAGE (since are stateless), would it be easier to do?

I'll be off next week, but I'll comeback to this the week after.

All inputs are welcome!

Thanks
Joao