[SR-Users] How to disable retransmits via TCP connection? etc.

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 11:54:53 CEST 2015

> Hello,
>
> there should be no retransmission on TCP done by Kamailio.
>
> I a look at time stamps, it is different than standard SIP
> retransmission intervals. Have you changed them in tm parameters?

We have these values:

root at ip-10-45-159-161:~# grep '"tm"' /usr/local/etc/kamailio/modules.cfg
modparam("tm", "failure_reply_mode", 3)
modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 30000)
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 120000)
root at ip-10-45-159-161:~#

> As you say it is over wireless, might be the network driver doing some
> re-tranmissions.

No, that's not wireless at the server's end (which I guess you meant).
It is wireless at callee client's LAN.

> Also, ngrep is not always good at capturing big packets, so just seeing
> partial sip packets is ok as long as the receiving party doesn't
> complain of broken/incomplete sip packet.

I accept the chance that I misinterpret the output of ngrep.
So I need to collect more info, like the traffic from client network.

Thank you very much for commenting.

P. S. Kamailio is built from git revision
d7a05349537a80c177c3c169776aa57e058314f3

--
Andrey Utkin