[SR-Users] Dispatcher and options_reply

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:54:37 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 19/06/15 01:25, jay binks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So Im using dispatcher to poll SBC's behind my kamailio load balancer.
>
> What I need to do is get a count of how many "active" SBC's there are
> in the dispatcher module.  ( how many SBC's are actively responding to
> their options ping )
>
> so that I can then use this info when I reply to an OPTIONS on the
> load balancer.
>
> effectively , if there are no SBC's active, the LB needs to not reply
> to options.
>
> I COULD use ds_select_dst or something , but is that going to be
> overkill from a CPU perspective ?
>
> ( And I dont want ds_select_dst to do any modification to my otpions
> packets )
>
> just wandering what everyone thinks the best way to achieve this would be.

it is not intensive CPU operation and probably one of the best options
you can use right now.

Just be careful not to mess with the algorithm used for routing calls.
E.g., if you use round-robin, this will shift with one what sbc is going
to be used next time. You can probably use hashing algorithm for options.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla