[SR-Users] Kamailio LCR module memory concern

Ali Taher ataher at vanrise.com
Wed Jun 10 16:56:49 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm using LCR module where I have 44 million rules and 13 million rule
targets (not all rules have destinations).

Noting that I'm running Ubuntu on virtual machine with 8GB allocated memory.

When I'm setting lcr_rule_hash_size parameter to 268435456 (2 power 28) I
got the following error : "no memory for rules hash table" in the log ,

noting that when I run ipcs -lm command I got max total shared memory shared
memory (kbytes) : 8388608.

When I'm setting lcr_rule_hash_size parameter to 1024,meaning 1024 rules
will be fetched from the database (please correct if I'm wrong) Kamailio
takes around 2 minutes and 30 seconds to start , which is worrying for me :(

Please advise how many rules Kamailio can support (if 8 GB RAM are allocated
to the server) , and what size every rule takes in the hash table built in
the shared memory.

Thanks,

Ali