[SR-Users] RTPengine+Kamailio, 200 OK without DTLS fingerprint

Vasiliy Ganchev vasiliy.ganchev at wildix.com
Tue Jun 2 17:05:49 CEST 2015

Richard Fuchs wrote
> On 02/06/15 06:35 AM, Vasiliy Ganchev wrote:
>> Richard Fuchs wrote
>>>
>>> Looks like you're making an RTP/SAVPF offer to a client that speaks
>>> RTP/AVPF only, and you're neglecting to instruct rtpengine to do any
>>> translation between the two. The solution is to include the "RTP/AVPF"
>>> flag in the offer.
>>>
>>> There's also a stray "delete" in there, which you may want to eliminate.
>>> It's harmless as it is, but it probably shouldn't be there.
>>>
>>> Cheers

>> Hi Richard!
>> Thank you for your reply and suggested solution. You was right, in 200 OK
>> was set RTP/AVPF (and in offer
>> RTP/SAVPF) and I did nothing with this mismatch.
>> Now, playing around with flags for RTPengine, I have one questions for
>> such
>> case:
>> Browser send INVITE with RTP/SAVPF, RTPengine send forward to client with
>> RTP/AVPF
>> When comes 200 OK with RTP/AVPF  RTPengine change it to RTP/SAVPF and
>> forward to browser. In this case I got in browser log:
>>
>> setRemoteDescription() | error: +5ms Failed to set remote answer sdp:
>> Offer
>> and answer descriptions m-lines are not matching. Rejecting answer.
>
> This is usually caused by broken SIP clients which don't properly reject
> media streams. What usually happens is that the browser offers both
> audio and video, but the other client only responds with audio. What the
> client should do is to explicitly reject the video stream, instead of
> just ignoring it and not including it in the reply at all. IOW, the
> offer has two m= lines and thus the answer also should have two m=
> lines, but it only has one, and this is not allowed by the RFC.
>
> There might be a new option in rtpengine in the near future to fix these
> kinds of broken SDP bodies, but right now there isn't.
>
> Cheers

You are right again. In my INVITE sent 2 lines m= one fore audio and another
one for video. In 200OK was only one m=audio... that causes such error. I
switched off m=video... in INVITE from browser, and it became working.

Currently there is no more questions for this issue.
Richard, thank you, again, for answers end your priceless help!

Cheers!