[SR-Users] Issues sending SIP UPDATE inside an existing dialogue.

Joao Alves Jalves at amdocs.com
Fri Jul 24 18:39:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

I need to send an SIP UPDATE inside an existing dialogue (in order to update the SDP offer).

I've been using the following uac functions from the command file.

$uac_req(method)="UPDATE";
$uac_req(ruri)=$shv(userAcontact);

$uac_req(turi)=$tu;
$uac_req(furi)=$fu;
$uac_req(callid)=$ci;

$uac_req(hdrs)="Content-Type: application/sdp\r\n";
$uac_req(body)=$var(sdp);

#          uac_restore_from();
uac_req_send();

As a result, the SIP UPDATE is being sent but since the original From Tag is not being used (i.e. and a new tag is generated), the SIP client (sipML5) does not recognize it as part of the existing dialogue. Attach is a pcap of the test made.

Subsequently, I've also tried to recover the from using uac_restore_from() function but got the following an error message.

DEBUG: uac [replace.c:511]: restore_uri(): getting 'vsf' Route param
DEBUG: uac [replace.c:515]: restore_uri(): route param 'vsf' not found

Thanks,

Joao Alves
Solution Architect, Unified Communications

+351 214094660 (desk)
+351 912783702 (mobile)

AMDOCS | EMBRACE CHALLENGE EXPERIENCE SUCCESS