[SR-Users] New SIP INVITE from UAS (new dialogue)

Joao Alves Jalves at amdocs.com
Wed Jul 22 14:37:58 CEST 2015

Hi again,

Following up on this and having done some further tests, I was finally able to generate a SIP INVITE request using the following command sequence on the command file.

	$uac_req(method)="INVITE";
	$uac_req(ruri)=$shv(userAcontact);
	$uac_req(turi)="sip:1000 at decasa.website";
	$uac_req(furi)="sip:1001 at decasa.website";
	$uac_req(callid)=$var(call_id);

	$uac_req(hdrs)="Contact: <sip:1001 at 151.236.52.84:5060;transport=udp\r\n";
	$uac_req(hdrs)="Allow: SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, REFER, INFO, MESSAGE\r\n";
	$uac_req(hdrs)="Content-Type: application/sdp\r\n";
	$uac_req(body)=$var(offer);

	uac_req_send();

I've attached the trace collected on the client side. Transaction/dialogue wise seems to have the correct behavior, however  I found two blocking issues which are causing the SIP INVITE to be rejected with a 400 "bad request" error code.

The first, it seems we cannot send more than one header on the SIP INVITE. That is I need to add the "Contact", "Allow" and "Content-Type" fields, but only the last one is inserted, which is the "Content-Type". If I marked it as a comment (with #), them the "Allow" is included instead.

The second issue is related with the inclusion of SDP offer on the body of the message. Since this SDP is quite a long one(1266 bytes) it is being truncated.

I'm currently using kamailio 4.3.0.

Thanks,
Joao