[SR-Users] Kazoo like load balancing

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Tue Jul 21 11:32:56 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 21 July 2015 08:36:49 Adam Romanek wrote:
> Does this assume that both Kamailios are connected to the same MySQL
> database?

Yes.

> I must admit I don't understand how it should work. What's the
> background behind this technique with "path"?

RTF RFC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3327

   The Path extension header field allows accumulating and transmitting
   the list of proxies between UA1 and REGISTRAR.  Intermediate nodes
   such as P1 may statefully retain Path information if needed by
   operational policy.  This mechanism is in many ways similar to the
   operation of Record-Route in dialog-initiating requests.  The routing
   established by the Path header field mechanism applies only to
   requests transiting or originating in the home domain.

But maybe http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/path.html#idp1638096
is more to the point and a much much shorter read :)

It coul be used to solve problems like Jurijs pointed out as the far end nat
problem of http://kb.smartvox.co.uk/opensips/clustering-opensips-part-2/